Quantum SA.45s CSAC
An unmatched combination of breakthroughs - reduced Size, Weight and Power consumption (SWaP) - brings the accuracy and stability of atomic clocks to portable applications.
The Microsemi Quantum™ SA.45s CSAC is the world’s first commercially available chip scale atomic clock, providing the accuracy and stability of atomic clock technology while achieving true breakthroughs in reduced size, weight and power consumption.
Atomic clock accuracy and low power make the SA.45s ideal for portable applications requiring precise synchronization and time keeping, especially in GPS-denied environments.
The CSAC’s key specs include:
- < 120mW power consumption
- < 17cm3 volume
- 35g weight
- ±5.0E-11 accuracy at shipment
- < 5E-12 at τ = 1 hour short-term stability (Allan Deviation)
- ≤ 9.0E-10/month aging rate
- QUANTUM Chip Scale Atomic Clock Video
A New Class of Applications
At two orders of magnitude better accuracy than oven-controlled crystal oscillators (OCXOs) - and up to four orders of magnitude better accuracy than temperature-controlled oscillators (TCXOs) - the CSAC’s unmatched portability opens the door to new classes of applications, such as:
- Underwater sensors for seismic research or gas and oil exploration
- Military systems including dismounted IED jammers, dismounted radios, GPS receivers, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
The Quantum SA.45s CSAC produces two outputs, a 10MHz square wave and 1PPS, both in a CMOS 0V to 3.3V format. It also accepts a 1PPS input for synchronization and provides an RS-232 interface for monitoring and control.